Hello – I’m Jenn Dougherty owner of Natural Advantage Wellness. I’m a mom, healthcare provider of 25 years, lover of food as medicine, essential oils as natural solutions, and believer that 95% of healthcare is prevention & self-care.
You’ve heard the phrases: Health is Wealth and Knowledge is Power! – Natural Advantage Wellness puts these 2 concepts together!
- As an Athletic Trainer, I am steeped in the belief of prevention, movement as medicine, and our health dictates our quality of life.
- As a Certified Health Coach, I share practical tips for creating balance in these core elements of health: mindset, nutrition, exercise, and restoration.
- As a Certified Essential Oil coach and doTERRA Wellness Advocate, I offer powerful plant extracted solutions to support optimal wellness.
Empowering Health through education is why I began NA Wellness. I hope to share what I’ve learned throughout my career with you! I enjoy sharing empowering tools for women, families, and athletes to take charge of your wellness goals. I promote blending natural approaches with western medical tools for true integrative care! I believe a BALANCED approach is key! Yes, I’m also an optimist/idealist – I embrace the lens through which I see the world 😉
Thanks for coming to the site and I hope you find the information and services to be helpful in your wellness journey.
*Clinical Setting Experience – Integrative Medical Practice, Physical Therapy, and Sports Medicine/Orthopedic and Occupational Health Clinics.
- Athletic Trainer (AT) in Physician Extender & Physical Rehabilitation/Exercise Therapist provider roles.
- Health Coach / Educator and Essential Oil Coach / Educator
- Corporate & Occupational Wellness
- DME – Education, Fitting , Sales
*Athletics Setting Experience “Traditional Sports Medicine”
Athletic Trainer (AT) in Intercollegiate DI, II, & III; Olympic Development Sports, High School and Club Sports
Master of Arts- Human Services Administration- Healthcare Specialization – Rider University, NJ
Bachelor of Arts – Athletic Training & Health/Physical Education – Kean University, NJ
Certified Athletic Trainer – BOC (Board of Certification for the Athletic Trainer)
Certificate Massage Therapist – Colorado School of Healing Arts
Certificate Health Coach- Dr Sears Wellness Institute
Certificate Health Coach Specialization- Essential Oil Coaching – Dr. Axe EOI
Certified Health Coach endorsement by the AADP.
Specialization Certificate- National Academy of Sports Medicine– Sports Performance Enhancement Specialist “NASM-PES”
Certified Specialized Functional Movement Assessment & FMS trained- Functional Movement Systems